Just a two and a half hour drive from Cape Town, this one-day safari tour gives you the opportunity to see Africa’s Big Five up close and personal. This is a tour that every tourist in South Africa should do. With limited travel, you will be able to maximise your time enjoying the experience. The reserve is a malaria-free area so you won’t have to worry about the risk of malaria while enjoying South Africa’s beautiful flora and fauna. You will have the opportunity to see many rescued cheetahs at the cheetah rescue and rehabilitation centre.
You will have the chance to experience an open air 4×4 safari tour for two hours across 10 000 hectares at the Inverdoorn Game Reserve, where herds of antelope are usually present near the entrance. The tour will then take you to the lions reserve where the male Cape Barbary Lion lives, a majestic and rare find. There are so many different species of antelopes at this reserve that are spread throughout the landscape, including South Africa’s famous Springbok, elands, oryx and wildebeest. You will also have the opportunity to see our endangered rhinos, zebra, giraffe, elephants and hippos.
The cheetah rescue and rehabilitation centre will be the last spot before a delicious lunch at the reserves lodge. Here you will see the cheetahs up close and personal and get to learn about their behaviour in the wild.
Duration: 2 hours
The early morning start will give you the opportunity to witness the beauty of Cape Town in all its glory as the morning light touches the landscape. The tour will then head to the magical Ceres Valley which is tucked away between sheltered majestic mountains. The Ceres Valley was named after the Roman Goddess of agriculture and fertility. The Ceres Valley is an extremely fertile valley home to many agricultural farms that produce some of South Africa’s best produce.
Ceres is home to many walking trails, incredible bird life, and thick vegetation. During season, one can enjoy cherry-picking and during the colder months in winter, snow may be seen falling on the higher parts of the mountain range. Ceres is a once in a lifetime experience that attracts thousands of tourists annually.
Duration: Drive By
The Klein Karoo area is one of the most beautiful areas in the Western Cape, with the Swartberg on the north, and the Langeberg and Outeniqua mountains on the south. The European settlers first discovered this area in the late 17th century and came across the Khoisan people who were the only people living in this dry area.
Today, the area is one of the most popular travel destinations in the Cape, with a number of fascinating small towns including Ladismith, Calitzdorp, De Rust, and well-known mission stations such as Zoar, Amalienstein, Barrydale, Dysselsdorp and Ceres. No tour through the Klein Karoo would be complete without a visit to Inverdoorn, however!
Depart: 08:00 – 09:00
- Travel Via The Wine Region & Klein Karoo
- Fruit Growing Region Of Ceres
- Welcome Drinks On Arrival
- Two-Hour Game Drive In Open Air 4×4
- Walk With Giraffes (Time Permitting & At Game Rangers’ Discretion)
- Visit Lion Preservation Project
- Lunch Under The Shade Of Trees Or In The Boma-Style Restaurant
- Relax By The Pool In Summer Or By The Fireplace In Winter
- Return To Cape Town Via The Huguenot Tunnel
- R3060.00 pp (Adults)
- R1530.00 pp (Children)
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel or guesthouse around Cape Town.
- Welcome drinks
- Game drive
- Professional guide
- Pick up and drop off at hotel
- Earphones to hear the guide clearly
- WiFi on board
- Extra Drinks
- Not Available On 25th December
- General information and conditions of carriage prices, routes, places of interest, destinations, hotels and restaurants are subject to availability and to change
- Tour departure and arrival are approximate
- German, French, Spanish as well as other foreign language guides are available on request
- All our vehicles are insured substantially for passenger liability
- All tours are subject to minimum number of passengers
- Luggage And Personal Possessions Are Carried At Your Own Risk
- Please Ensure That Valuables And Travel Documents Are Kept Safe At All Times
This is a tour that can be enjoyed by the whole family. Enjoy the outdoors and the beautiful scenic route of the Cape.
© 2019 Marula Tours. All Rights Reserved | Design by Unpegged Marketing & Design